3 Large Potatoes ½ Tsp. of Cayenne
Salt and Pepper to taste 1 Tsp. of Italian herbs
1 Tsp. of Paprika 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil
- Soak the potatoes in a mixture of water, salt and baking soda for at least 5 minutes. Afterwards scrub the potatoes gently, then wash and rinse. This first step is for if you’d like to leave the skin on your wedges for this recipe. However it’s perfectly fine to peel the potatoes if you wish. Personally I find that after the potatoes have been seasoned the skin has a nice flavour. After you’ve washed and rinsed the potatoes, cut them into wedges and try to make them as equally sized as possible.
- Add the wedges to a pot of boiling salted water and par boil them for about 10 mins. Drain the wedges in a colander and then add them to a bowl.
- Drizzle the wedges with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne and Italian herbs. Toss the wedges to coat them well with the seasonings. Lightly grease a baking tray and spread the wedges out evenly on it. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 30 mins. After 30 minutes turn the wedges over and bake for another 30 mins or until they are crisp.
2 Banga Mary fillets 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
½ Lemon ½ Cayenne
Salt and Pepper to taste ½ Cup of Cornstarch
½ Tsp. Cumin ½ Cup of Flour
- Squeeze the lemon juice onto the 2 fillets. Season with salt, pepper and cumin and let them sit for at least 10 mins.
- Prepare the batter by mixing salt, pepper, onion powder, cayenne, corn-starch and flour.
- After you’ve let the fillets marinade, coat them well with the batter and shake off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the fish for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Serve with the baked wedges.