This gem of a smoothie is made with fresh carrots, traditional carrot cake spices and a hint of coconut. It tastes great, quenches thirst, provides nutrients and I hope it can convert non-believers to the fact that a good smoothie can make your day.
- 1 medium banana, peeled, diced and frozen
- 1 cup diced carrots* (about 2 medium-sized carrots), peeled if you’d like
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or your desired sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ cup grated coconut
- optional toppings: extra grated carrots, toasted walnuts
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse for 30-60 seconds until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add an extra 1/4 cup of almond milk to thin it out.
- Serve immediately, garnished with optional toppings if desired.
TIPS TO REMEMBER
- If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you may have to blend this smoothie for a bit longer or you could also grate the carrots (instead of dicing them) beforehand to make blending easier.