The reason chocolate is truly amazing is because it can be used in many dishes. If you have a bad day you will more than likely feel better after having a dessert that has been made with chocolate. One of the many wonderful things that can be created using chocolate is ganache, Ganache can be used as an icing, glaze, filling or sauce. Ganache is made by pouring heated cream over chocolate and stirring the mixture until it becomes smooth. Chocolate ganache can be used to created a chocolate tart which chocolate lovers worldwide are sure to love. The recipe below makes a tasty chocolate ganache tart that is made with the popular cookie, Oreos, and serves 8. Like most chocolate desserts, this tart will be loved by children and adults alike.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ounces of milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 10 minutes
READY IN: 30 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 8 servings
- Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and pulse until the cookies become finely ground. After the Oreos have been finely ground, add the 1/2 cup of the unsalted butter and continue to pulse until the mixture becomes well combined and moist.
- Spray a 9-inch tart pan with non-stick cooking spray before pressing the mixture into the pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes before removing it from the oven and allowing it to cool.
- Add the bittersweet chocolate, milk chocolate and salt to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Add the butter and heavy cream to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the contents to a low boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the chocolate and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream mixture until the chocolate melts and the ganache appears smooth. Pour the ganache into the Oreo crust and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with some raspberries and serve chilled.