Burgers must be without a doubt, one of the most popular lunch options around the world. Burgers are meat patties that can consist of types of meat including chicken, beef, turkey or fish. Burgers can also be made from a combination of vegetables or meat alternatives to satisfy a vegetarian’s craving. While it is easy to go out and get a burger, it’s also easy to make one at home. The recipe below makes two delicious burgers that together make a perfect double decker.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 pound of ground white meat chicken
- 1/2 of a small onion, finely minced
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 slices of lettuce leaves
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 slices of onion
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
Start off by adding the ground white meat chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and small egg to a medium bowl. Combine the ingredients and form them into your chicken burgers. After you’ve formed the burgers, set the bowl aside.
- Next, take a medium skillet and add the extra virgin olive oil. Allow the oil to heat over a low heat before adding your burgers to the skillet and cooking them for 5 minutes per side or until they appear golden brown and have been properly cooked through.
- Add one burger to the bottom slice of the bun before adding mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, onion and cheddar cheese. Repeat the process before replacing the top slice of the bun and serving.