2 Tbsp. oil 1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
1 Onion finely chopped 1 Cup of Lentils
1 carrot chopped 4 Tbsps. of All-purpose flour
2 Cups of water 1 Tsp. Curry powder
Salt and Pepper to taste Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, onion, and carrot and stir fry them until they begin to get tender.
- Add in the lentils, pour in water and season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat. Cover the pot and let the mixture simmer for about 1 hr so that the lentils can soften. By this time most if not all of the water should be absorbed.
- Add 2 tbsps. of flour to the lentil pea mixture, with the cumin and the curry powder. Continue to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Add in more seasonings as you see fit. Then spoon the mixture out into a bowl to cool.
- Divide the lentil mixture into about 16 – 18 equal portions and with clean hands form each portion into a patty shape. Use the remaining flour to coat each patty.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, and fry the patties about 3 minutes on each side. Until they have browned nicely. The patties only need to be turned once because the lentil mixture has already been cooked.
To prepare the Burger
- Cut the bun in half and drizzle with a little olive oil. Toast the bun lightly.
- Place the patties on the burger and add tomatoes and lettuce, the patties can be eaten alone if you prefer or with any other toppings of your choice. The choice of condiments is also up to you.