1 lb Minced beef 1 Egg yolk
½ Tsp. Italian herbs 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste 1 Tbsp. Ketchup
4 Large potatoes 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
1 ½ Cup of Breadcrumbs
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and add in the egg yolk. Using clean hands mash the mixture together.
- Mould the beef into small balls and put them on a dish. Place the dish in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and put the balls into oven to bake for 45 minutes.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cut the potatoes into quarters and add them to a pot of salted boiling water. Let the potatoes cook until they are tender.
- When the potatoes have cooked. Remove them from the heat and drain in a colander. In a mixing bowl, using a potato masher or a mixing machine mash the potatoes with sour cream, salt, pepper and Italian herbs.
- When the beef in the oven is done, wrap each ball in some mash potatoes, and roll the balls in breadcrumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and deep fry the meatballs until they are golden brown.
- Cut the sub sandwich in half and sprinkle grated cheese on the bottom half of the sub.
- Place the sub into a toaster oven and toast at 350 F for 3 minutes to melt the cheese and give the bread a nice crispy texture.
- Put as many meatballs that can fit between the bread on the melted cheese and add your personal choice of condiments. A nice tomato sauce goes great with the meatball sub.