If you are looking to get away from the drab morning routine where you eat some form of cereal, or if your idea of a good breakfast is more than just a quick pit stop for a doughnut on your way to work, then this recipe is for you. I love it, and I know you will too.
- 4 slices low-sodium bacon
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Slices of toast
- 1 cup of fresh greens
- 1 medium sized tomato
- ½ Avocado
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp in a skillet set to medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove strips to a paper towel-lined plate and then crumble. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until well mixed. Set a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour in eggs. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Mash a few slices of avocado and mix thoroughly with the eggs.
- Toast bread halves until lightly golden. Top with greens, chopped tomato, scrambled avocado n’ eggs. Place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and chopped green onion. Serve warm.