Here’s what you’ll need!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Can sliced peaches, drained but save the juice
- 1 Can apricots, save the juice after draining
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup flour
- ½ granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch ½ cup saved juice from the peaches and the apricots in saucepan. Cover on medium-low heat until mixture thickens and ensure you’re stirring constantly. Stir the margarine, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- Add the two fruits and spoon the fruit base into a greased 1½ quart baking dish.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt butter and egg in a bowl. Spoon this mixture over the top of the fruit base
- Bake 375F for about 4 minutes or until it’s golden brown. After allowing the cobbler to cool serve with cool whip cream or vanilla ice cream. I prefer to use Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond flavor.