3lbs of potatoes 1 ½ Cups of Flour
6 Cloves of Garlic (minced) ½ Tsp. Cumin
1 Onion (minced) 1 Tsp. Hot pepper sauce
3 Eggs (beaten) ½ Tsp. Salt
Breadcrumbs for Batter Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel, wash and boil the potatoes in salted water until they are tender.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork, and mix in the garlic, onion, salt, pepper sauce, cumin and flour. Blend in 1 egg and make sure the mixture is stiff, if it is not then add in a little more flour.
- Form into large sized balls; roll them into the breadcrumbs, and the remaining egg.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy bottom skillet and deep fry the balls until they are golden brown.
3 Skinless Chicken breasts (cut into small pieces) 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
2 Tbsp. Honey 1 Tsp. Cornstarch
2 Tbsp. Vinegar 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. Orange 2 Cups of mixed vegetables
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and set the mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (you can add in more oil as necessary during cooking) and stir fry the vegetables until they are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet, set aside and add the chicken to the skillet. Stir fry for about 5 mins or until the chicken loses its pinkness. Stir in the sauce mixture until it thickens slightly and then add back in the vegetables, stir again to coat and mix everything together.
- Pour the chicken over the potato balls.