Shrimp is probably the most popular crustacean in the world. Shrimp, cooks fast and is used to make multiple dishes. It is used in rice dishes like paella or in seafood favourites like shrimp fettuccine Alfredo. Scampi can be made with different crustacean including crayfish and lobsters. Some people even enjoy the occasional chicken scampi. However, shrimp scampi is the most common type of scampi found worldwide. The recipe below shows you the easiest and quickest way to get your shrimp fix with delicious shrimp scampi.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 pound of raw shrimp, peeled
- 1/8 tablespoon of crushed pepper flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of white wine (optional)
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes
- Black pepper
- In a large skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil and heat over a low heat. When the olive oil has been heated, add the garlic and onion and cook until the garlic and onion become golden brown.
- Next, add the shrimp, salt, black pepper and the white wine and raise the heat to medium-high and cook the shrimp for 3 minutes per side or until the shrimp become pink in colour.
- Finally, lower the heat to medium-low before adding the lemon juice, butter, pepper flakes and parsley flakes. Stir well before removing from the heat. Serve with rice, pasta or bread.